Today I’m going to give you a detailed explanation, with screenshots, on how to set up your WordPress blog using WordPress hosting. This is the option that allows you to have a blog setup very quickly with little computer expertise. In yesterday’s post I explained the options for setting up your blog.
The First Steps:
- Go to wordpress.com. If you are using the other alternative where you put the blog into your website, you would go to wordpress.org. But today, we’ll be in wordpress.com.
- You’ll see a number of things. Near the top right of the page you’ll see, “Express Yourself” and underneath that, a button that says, “Sign Up Now”. Click on that orange button.
- Fill in the blanks.
- First, make up a user name. Be sure to write it down so you can remember it.
- Create a password. Avoid things like your name of birthdate. Again, write it down.
- Confirm the password.
- Check the legal.
- Click on “Give me a blog”.
- Click Next
A problem arises.
It took a few tries but I came up with a name that works. Here is the view of that.
Now, you will see the following message.
Check your email and you’ll see a similar message to this. Click on the link and your account will be activated.
If that works, you should see the screen below.
You can click on “View your site” if you want but it will be pretty boring at this point. Tomorrow I’ll show you how to jazz it up and create some of the settings.
Please let me know via the “No comments/comments” link below if you have any questions about what I’ve written today.Blog • WordPress
- Writing for the Web – Some Advice
- Five eResolutions for 2010
- Happy New Year Everyone!
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: Tweaking Your WordPress Blog
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: Getting a WordPress Blog
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: How, Where and What to Call It
- Social Media Strategies Begin with a Blog
- Add a coupon to your local listing in Google
- Google Map View Results
- Social Media Strategies – Getting Local Map Listing on Google