I was informed by Mr. Neil Schwartzman, Executive Diretor of CAUCE, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email, that some information I earlier provided suggested that Canadian rules governing email marketing were governed by CAN-SPAM. As Mr. Schwartzman has correctly stated, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 is American law, not Canadian.
To get more information about how to comply with PIPEDA, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act which is the current Canadian law governing data privacy, you can visit ThinData.com. Here is the address for obtaining the relevant articles.
You can also read more about PIPEDA on the Government of Canada website.
- Writing for the Web – Some Advice
- Five eResolutions for 2010
- Happy New Year Everyone!
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: Tweaking Your WordPress Blog
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: Getting a WordPress Blog
- Setting Up Your Business Blog: How, Where and What to Call It
- Social Media Strategies Begin with a Blog
- Add a coupon to your local listing in Google
- Google Map View Results
- Social Media Strategies – Getting Local Map Listing on Google